Give your walls a new, stylish, real timber look with Wallplankz. The planks are produced from sustainably sourced timber with PEFC certification (the quality label for timber from sustainably managed forests). Wallplankz is designed and manufactured in Holland and available in four colours. You can bond Wallplankz to almost any sound, fixed and dry surface. The instruction video will show you how the planks are easy and quick to mount. Of course, if you prefer you can also follow the instructions in the accompanying booklet.
What you need to know
- The 5 mm thick planks used in Wallplankz are approximately 18.5 cm wide and 115 cm long.
- Available in four colours.
- Everything you need is included in the pack: 6 planks (ca. 1.28m2), bonding cement and adhesive strips (hand tools are not included).
- Suitable for interiors under normal conditions: temperature between 19-22 °C and air humidity of ca. 50-55%.
- Do not use any other bonding cement or adhesive strips.
- Not suitable for permanently damp surfaces, walls or spaces.
- Ensure the wall is dry (<14%), sound and ready for use: clean with no flaking, dust or grease.
- The bonding surface must be sound and robust enough to accept/carry the bonding cement and tape.
Air humidity advice
Normal air humidity is approximately 50%. Air contains water in the form of vapour. How much vapour the atmosphere carries will depends on among things the air temperature. The colder it is, the less vapour the air will hold. Particularly in winter, interior air humidity can become too low, on occasions hardly topping 40%. This may result in the Wallplankz planks shrinking a little.
To minimise the risk of the planks warping, Wallplankz planks have been seasoned to suit the air humidity in an average living room atmosphere (50% air humidity). The percentage of moisture in the timber will approximate this interior ambient air humidity. With changes in the air humidity, the moisture content in the timber will also modify, resulting in the timber shrinking or expanding.
If your house is modern and insulated according to recent building requirements in principle you do not have to do anything. The planks will shrink or expand less if you allow them to acclimatise for at least three days (remove them from the packaging and film), in the same space as where you intend to hang them. Shrinkage or expansion is part of the natural living process of real timber and only adds to its charm. The seams may open up slightly when air humidity differs from normal conditions. You can remedy this by using a humidifier.